Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default i retrieved lost files done it was in some kind of hyroglyphics

i retrieved lost files on my pc when it was done and i restored them i
couldn't read them as they were is some kind of hyroglyphics any ideas plz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 5, 2:46*pm, lynne43 wrote:
i retrieved lost files on my pc when it was done and i restored them i
couldn't read them as they were is some kind of hyroglyphics any ideas plz

See if you can change the extension to .xls. It may be saved as .txt
right now.
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default i retrieved lost files done it was in some kind of hyroglyphic

how do i do that i used a program called recuva and it doesn't give me the
option to change the extention i don't think

"jlclyde" wrote:

On Jan 5, 2:46 pm, lynne43 wrote:
i retrieved lost files on my pc when it was done and i restored them i
couldn't read them as they were is some kind of hyroglyphics any ideas plz

See if you can change the extension to .xls. It may be saved as .txt
right now.
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open windows explorer.
Traverse to the drive/folder that contains the file.
Rightclick on the filename and choose rename.
Type the name (including the extension) that you want to use.

lynne43 wrote:

how do i do that

"jlclyde" wrote:

On Jan 5, 2:46 pm, lynne43 wrote:
i retrieved lost files on my pc when it was done and i restored them i
couldn't read them as they were is some kind of hyroglyphics any ideas
plz

See if you can change the extension to .xls. It may be saved as .txt
right now.
Jay

--

Dave Peterson