Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Simple formula that I am thinking too hard about....subtracting!

I am trying to track weight loss for 4 friends over 13 weeks. (Cells B3-B15,
C, D, E)

B17 is where I want my results. What formula do I need? I think I'm thinking
about it too much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

so, do you want to see weight loss between each interval, or just at the end?

If just at the end, you really don't need to know each week, just beginning
and end.

If you want a weekly amount, I would insert a column to the right starting
with.. =B3-B4. copy to bottom and you have your interval amounts. Then, sum
at bottom for total.

"KatJones" wrote:

I am trying to track weight loss for 4 friends over 13 weeks. (Cells B3-B15,
C, D, E)

B17 is where I want my results. What formula do I need? I think I'm thinking
about it too much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"KatJones" wrote:

I am trying to track weight loss for 4 friends over 13 weeks. (Cells B3-B15,
C, D, E)

B17 is where I want my results. What formula do I need? I think I'm thinking
about it too much!

Try this formula:

=B3-INDEX(B1:B15,MAX((B1:B15<"")*ROW(B1:B15)))

Note: This is an array formula that must be confirmed by
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER rather than just ENTER.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey folks, I'm reading this and thinking I must be missing something. It
seems to me that you would only need the formula below copied down to give a
running total of weight loss. With A3 being the starting weight.

=$A$3-A3