Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default insert bar in cell

Without creating a chart I would like to place a bar in a cell which reflects
the percentage of another cell.
If I enter 45% in cell A1, how could I get a bar to reflect 45% in cell B1
without inserting a bar chart.
I just want to see cell B1 45% filled.
--
Lisa Fornal
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about this

=REPT(CHAR(149),INT(15*B1))

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Lisa F" wrote in message
Without creating a chart I would like to place a bar in a cell which
reflects
the percentage of another cell.
If I enter 45% in cell A1, how could I get a bar to reflect 45% in cell B1
without inserting a bar chart.
I just want to see cell B1 45% filled.
--
Lisa Fornal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you. I copied the formula and pasted it in B1. Just the formula
appears. I copied from = to the ).
Could I do this through a FUNCTION? Do I need to place something in B1
before or after your formula?
Before I sent this question I did a bar chart and was able to eliminate
information and decrease the bar to the cell, but that was a lot of work. I
figured there would be a simpler to the point process.
--
Lisa Fornal

"Lisa F" skrev:

Without creating a chart I would like to place a bar in a cell which reflects
the percentage of another cell.
If I enter 45% in cell A1, how could I get a bar to reflect 45% in cell B1
without inserting a bar chart.
I just want to see cell B1 45% filled.
--
Lisa Fornal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dont u get a cind of bar in Cell B1 ?

try look at this
http://pmexcelent.dk/Lisa.xls

"Lisa F" skrev:

Without creating a chart I would like to place a bar in a cell which reflects
the percentage of another cell.
If I enter 45% in cell A1, how could I get a bar to reflect 45% in cell B1
without inserting a bar chart.
I just want to see cell B1 45% filled.
--
Lisa Fornal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's a small sample file that demonstrates one method:

Progress bars.xls 15kb

http://cjoint.com/?bcxbxpRyXs

The cells with the bars are formatted to use the Webdings font.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP