Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Setting a cell rule

I have an worksheet that requires extensive manual data entry. Human nature
says people will make keying errors. I'm looking for a safe guard.

If b3 is Starting Mileage / b4 is Ending mileage and b5 is the difference of
the two - how can I place a rule in b5 that basically says "b4" MUST be
greater than "b3".

Can I expand this further so that if b5 is greater than 600 (unlikely that a
driver would drive more than 600 miles in a given day), that it won't allow
entry. Basically forcing the data entry person to take a second look because
more than likely they made a keying error.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want to actually make it a rule, rather than just advice to take a
second look, the feature you want is Data Validation, which you can look up
in Excel help. If you want to control what's put into B4, apply DV to B4,
not to B5.
--
David Biddulph