Rita

Default HELP ME PLEASE

I have a question for you. I was wondering if you know exactly how big is
one spreadsheet? What I am looking for is the number of columns and the
number of rows there are in just one of the three spreadsheets in an Excel
workbook. (Excel 2003)

PCLIVE

This looks like a "How many people can I get to answer this question?" type
of posting.

If you have Excel, open a blank worksheet and go to 'Tools', then 'Options'.
Click on the 'General' tab.
Check the box next to 'R1C1 reference style'. (This puts your rows and
columns in number format.)
Click 'OK'.

Now, like someone said previously, while holding the Ctrl key, press the
down arrow. (this should take you to the bottom.
Then, while holding the Ctrl key, press the right arrow. (This should take
you to the far right.)
Note the numbers

Rows = 65536
Columns = 256

Good luck,
Paul

"Rita" wrote in message
I have a question for you. I was wondering if you know exactly how big is
one spreadsheet? What I am looking for is the number of columns and the
number of rows there are in just one of the three spreadsheets in an Excel
workbook. (Excel 2003)

Gord Dibben

Rita

What's the matter with looking in Help for specifications of worksheets?

BTW there can be many more than 3 worksheets in a workbook. 3 is just the
default number for new workbooks.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:04:02 -0700, "Rita"
wrote:

I have a question for you. I was wondering if you know exactly how big is
one spreadsheet? What I am looking for is the number of columns and the
number of rows there are in just one of the three spreadsheets in an Excel
workbook. (Excel 2003)

Gord Dibben

I'll lighten up when I don't see the same question re-posted after OP has been
given answers by several responders.

If Rita wants to question the veracity of those responses, I would submit the
best place to look is in Excel Help.

Note that OP stated "just one of the three spreadsheets in an Excel
workbook. (Excel 2003)"

This indicates to me that OP believes there only three sheets in workbook,
hence the "BTW".

Gord