Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel to Microstation

Any suggestion how to use VBA from Excel to generate drawings in Microstation
and Autocad ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure about VBA, but I use Excel to calculate and draw stuff in AutoCAD.
What did you have in mind?
--
Brad

"Dan Tabla" wrote:

Any suggestion how to use VBA from Excel to generate drawings in Microstation
and Autocad ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dan,

I have not read any books on it. I know some people program in VBA for
AutoCAD. You may want to check out the AutoCAD customization discussiong
group for that. http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/ I did not see the
customization group listed there, but if you sign up through a new reader I
saw it was available.

Basically I learned how to write AutoCAD scripts the old fashion way. I did
the work from the AutoCAD command line without dialog boxes, then took he
information from the text window and turned it into a script. See AutoCAD
help for more on writing scripts and menu macros.

A script can be written in Excel in a single column, but you can use other
cells to do your calculations to define your coodinates. You can go to the
trouble of saving to a .txt file and then converting to a .scr, but I find it
easiest to just copy the column and paste directly to the AutoCAD command
line.

I don't see a way here to attach a sample excel file. If you want to email
directly, you I can send you a few sample. Most are
civil enginering and survey related.

Brad