Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default failure to password protect file

Recently I have noticed a problem in my excel documents. I have core 2 quad,
2.40 GHz , 4 GB RAM, 32 bit vista ultimate with SP1, 500 GB eSATA HDD running
office 2007. Recently I have noticed a problem, Whenever I try to open a
password protected file in excel, I get a msg box saying the file is
corrupted. Then I tried to save a new excel file with password protection
by going to options * tools * general options * password to open the file, it
asks to reenter the same password, which I do and save the file. Then there
is msg box which says, Microsoft office excel cannot save the file
C:\users\alpalok\Documents\09980000. There are several possible reasons : 1.
The file name or path does not exist. 2. The file is being used by another
program. 3. The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a
currently open workbook. While I know that none of this is true. Then when I
close the msg box it says, D5CA0000. Not enough system resources to display
correctly. I ran setup diagnostics, no problem has been detected. My office
is fully updated. I uninstalled the whole office, reinstalled it and updated
it again; again the same problem is repeating itself. I have recently bought
"safe It secure disk". But i did not find the problem occuring after that. It
has happened recently only. And also now I am unable to save word and
powerpoint files with password protection now. I uninstalled safe IT secure
disk, but the problem persists. And every time the letters 09980000 and
D5CA0000 keep changing. None of this happens if I dont try to password
protect my file. I work with the same file in other computers of mine with
office 2007, no problems. Will someone help me? I am going crazy.

Sincerely,
Dr Alok Modi MD