Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Select even or odd numbers

From a list of numbers, how can I select even numbers or odd numbers and copy
them in another column?
--
LEON EN LINEA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Dec 26, 8:40*am, HUGO wrote:
From a list of numbers, how can I select even numbers or odd numbers and copy
them in another column?
--
LEON EN LINEA

Hi,

With your list of numbers in column A starting in a1 put this in b1
and drag down as reguired

=ISODD(A1)

Apply an autofilter to the 2 columns and filter on TRUE in column B.
Copy column A and paste elsewhere. Filter on FALSE for even numbers

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike,
when I type =ISODD(A1) in b1, it gives me: #NAME. I don't think this is what
you mean, do you?
Hugo
--
LEON EN LINEA

"Mike H" wrote:

On Dec 26, 8:40 am, HUGO wrote:
From a list of numbers, how can I select even numbers or odd numbers and copy
them in another column?
--
LEON EN LINEA

Hi,

With your list of numbers in column A starting in a1 put this in b1
and drag down as reguired

=ISODD(A1)

Apply an autofilter to the 2 columns and filter on TRUE in column B.
Copy column A and paste elsewhere. Filter on FALSE for even numbers

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Both the ISODD and ISEVEN functions are part of the Analysis ToolPak add-in
for versions of Excel prior to Excel 2007.

If you're getting a #NAME? error that probably means you don't have the ATP
installed. Goto ToolsAdd-Ins and select the Analysis ToolPak if it's in the
list of available add-ins. If it's not listed then you'll have to install it
from your original installation disc.

Or, you can try one of these formulas assuming your numbers are integers:

This will return either 0 or 1, 0 for even numbers and 1 for odd numbers.

=MOD(A1,2)

This will return either Odd or Even:

=IF(MOD(A1,2),"Odd","Even")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"HUGO" wrote in message
Mike,
when I type =ISODD(A1) in b1, it gives me: #NAME. I don't think this is
what
you mean, do you?
Hugo
--
LEON EN LINEA

"Mike H" wrote:

On Dec 26, 8:40 am, HUGO wrote:
From a list of numbers, how can I select even numbers or odd numbers
and copy
them in another column?
--
LEON EN LINEA

Hi,

With your list of numbers in column A starting in a1 put this in b1
and drag down as reguired

=ISODD(A1)

Apply an autofilter to the 2 columns and filter on TRUE in column B.
Copy column A and paste elsewhere. Filter on FALSE for even numbers

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, he did mean ISODD. Did you type ISODD into Excel help, and follow the
advice there?
--
David Biddulph

"Mike H" wrote:
With your list of numbers in column A starting in a1 put this in b1
and drag down as reguired

=ISODD(A1)

Apply an autofilter to the 2 columns and filter on TRUE in column B.
Copy column A and paste elsewhere. Filter on FALSE for even numbers

On Dec 26, 8:40 am, HUGO wrote:
From a list of numbers, how can I select even numbers or odd numbers
and copy
them in another column?