Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert Worksheet?

I'm used to using Excel (03-07) in Windows XP, but now I'm stuck with Vista.
When I used to open a new workbook, there were 3 worksheets available in each
document and I would go to "Insert" "Worksheet" to add several more for large
projects. I find only one sheet in a new file with the 2007 software that
was installed on my laptop and I do not find a way to insert multiple
worksheets in a workbook. Am I missing something or is this just another
stupid thing that Vista will not allow me to do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you say Vista( Operating system like xp), are we to assume you also now
have Excel 2007. If so, the easiest way is to just click on the insert sheet
at the bottom just to the right of the last worksheet shown.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Sophie" wrote in message
I'm used to using Excel (03-07) in Windows XP, but now I'm stuck with
Vista.
When I used to open a new workbook, there were 3 worksheets available in
each
document and I would go to "Insert" "Worksheet" to add several more for
large
projects. I find only one sheet in a new file with the 2007 software that
was installed on my laptop and I do not find a way to insert multiple
worksheets in a workbook. Am I missing something or is this just another
stupid thing that Vista will not allow me to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Would you like to tell us step by step what sequence you were using in Excel
2007 under Windows XP, and then tell us what happens when you try the same
sequence with Excel 2007 under Vista?

If you are mis-remembering, and your problem is in changing from Excel 2003
to Excel 2007, try

Merry Christmas!
--
David Biddulph

"Sophie" wrote in message
I'm used to using Excel (03-07) in Windows XP, but now I'm stuck with
Vista.
When I used to open a new workbook, there were 3 worksheets available in
each
document and I would go to "Insert" "Worksheet" to add several more for
large
projects. I find only one sheet in a new file with the 2007 software that
was installed on my laptop and I do not find a way to insert multiple
worksheets in a workbook. Am I missing something or is this just another
stupid thing that Vista will not allow me to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

You should be able to insert new sheets if you click on the icon next to the
sheet tab, press Shift+F11 or right click on the existing sheet tab Insert
sheet.

To have more sheets in XL2007 workbook as standard, click the "Office
button" "Excel options" Polular In the section " When creatin new
workbooks" change the value for "Include this many sheets" Ok

Regards,
Per