Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can you display the contents of an excel cell in a sentence

Eg: The total cars sold this month was (Cell A35) which is (Cell D4) % of our
yearly total
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this (all on one line):

="The total cars sold this month was "&A35
&" which is "&D4&" % of our yearly total"

Depending on the formats of the referenced cells, we might have to tweak it
a bit. See how that works.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ozinus" wrote in message
Eg: The total cars sold this month was (Cell A35) which is (Cell D4) % of
our
yearly total

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 19:07:00 -0800, Ozinus
wrote:

Eg: The total cars sold this month was (Cell A35) which is (Cell D4) % of our
yearly total

="The total cars sold this month was " & A35 &
" which is " & TEXT(D4, "0.0%") & " of our yearly total"

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

="The total cars sold this month was "&A35&" which is "&D4&
"% of our yearly total"

The above formula should all be on one line.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)