Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Color palettes switching between Excel files

I have recently found that if I open two workbooks with different color
palettes, in the same instance of Excel, the color palettes will switch from
one file to other, and mess up all the colors. I try to switch it back using
the Tools - Options - Color menu, but any file that I try to use as a base
gets the color palette corrupted also.

Is there any way to stop this? We use several different color palettes, so
this is starting to become a problem.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Stephen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Each workbook has a distinct palette. If you copy a sheet from one workbook
to another, it will assume the colors of the workbook it is pasted into.
Palettes don't switch from one workbook to another by themselves.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Lickamaloin" wrote in message
I have recently found that if I open two workbooks with different color
palettes, in the same instance of Excel, the color palettes will switch
from
one file to other, and mess up all the colors. I try to switch it back
using
the Tools - Options - Color menu, but any file that I try to use as a
base
gets the color palette corrupted also.

Is there any way to stop this? We use several different color palettes, so
this is starting to become a problem.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the info, Jon. Unfortunately, the problem is not caused when
copying a sheet from one workbook to another, but when two workbooks are open
at the same time. I had also assumed that it is impossible for this to
happen by itself, but that seems to be the case.

Thanks
Stephen