Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dom Dom is offline

Default Returning the first 4 rows of a table

Hi,
I have used a formula and a vlookup up to return a series of info some of
which are blanks and errors looking like this:-

Consultant - Security 1
GIS and Geospatial 1
Helpdesk/Customer Services 15
Information Technology 34
#N/A
#N/A
#N/A

I have a formula which tells me the number of rows which have values in, in
this case 4 but I now need excel to return just the first 4 rows so I can run
a graph off the info. I need excel to do all this itself as i need to run
this process 50 odd times and don't want to have to go and do that many
garphs individually. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Not sure, but some thoughts to tinker with
Assuming the lookup values are in B2 down
you could try either of these IF traps to suppress the #N/A returns
=if(B2="","",vlookup(B2, €¦))
=if(isna(vlookup(B2, €¦)),"",vlookup(B2, €¦))
--
Max
Singapore