Old December 22nd 08, 10:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove slash charaters from a date field

How do I remove the slash characters from a date field. I have converted all
the date formats to text and need a way to remove the slashes.

Old December 22nd 08, 10:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How do I remove the slash characters from a date field. I have
converted all the date formats to text and need a way to remove the
slashes.

One way:
=SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/","")

Old December 23rd 08, 12:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could have kept the dates in the cells as dates, and used a custom
number format that omits any punctuation. For example, "yyyymmdd" or
"mmddyy". This would be more useful if you needed the numeric character of
the dates.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP