-   -   how do I display footer while working?It is hidden until I print. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/214380-how-do-i-display-footer-while-working-hidden-until-i-print.html)

Displaying Footers

how do I display footer while working?It is hidden until I print.

Right now the footer I made is hidden until I print. I'd like to be able to
see it while I'm working.

Gord Dibben

how do I display footer while working?It is hidden until I print.

Excel does not have this functionality.

You could flip between print preview and your sheet or use a cell range for
the footer then before print use VBA to add that range as the footer.

Example......................

Sub Cell_as_Footer()
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftFooter = "&""Algerian,Regular""&14" & Range("A1")
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 11:26:00 -0800, Displaying Footers <Displaying
wrote:

Right now the footer I made is hidden until I print. I'd like to be able to
see it while I'm working.

Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

how do I display footer while working?It is hidden until I pri

Maybe it's time to upgrade to Excel 2007 - you can see it there in the new
Page Layout view
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

wrote:

Right now the footer I made is hidden until I print. I'd like to be able to
see it while I'm working.

Gord Dibben

how do I display footer while working?It is hidden until I pri

So I should have posted "In Excel versions earlier than 2007"

Thanks Bob

Gord