Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default to word or not to word

I have a list of about eight people who do voluntary work, Every three months
they are reimbursed for activities. I have a spreadsheet with a record of
these recording name,date and activity. The members are paid in vouchers with
an attached invoice with the dates and activities undertaken. My question is:
is it better to use Word and Mailmerge or Excel. Any and variable numbers of
members are involved and any number from one to about fifty activities. Would
I need fifty fields to use Mailmerge or is there a way to generate individual
invoices in Excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Barry

I have done it recently on Excel 2003 which allows me to invoice about 250
individuals for varying sums.

Actually laying out the invoice can be Done relativly easly. How it relates
the the Data depends on how you have stored the Details of Names and Activity.

In My case I Stored my data in Columns in one worksheet which related to
all the information of that day and then used the indirect function on
another worksheet to do the repetative creating of 250 Invoices.

If i can be of any help Let Me Know

"Barry Lennox" wrote:

I have a list of about eight people who do voluntary work, Every three months
they are reimbursed for activities. I have a spreadsheet with a record of
these recording name,date and activity. The members are paid in vouchers with
an attached invoice with the dates and activities undertaken. My question is:
is it better to use Word and Mailmerge or Excel. Any and variable numbers of
members are involved and any number from one to about fifty activities. Would
I need fifty fields to use Mailmerge or is there a way to generate individual
invoices in Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks
Actually the figure for members is about eighty not eight. You have given me
something to work on. I will probably need help on the macro. Will get back
when I've played around a bit.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

You could do all in excel with a template and a looping macro the fill in
the invoiceprint itdo the next

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Barry Lennox" wrote in message
I have a list of about eight people who do voluntary work, Every three
months
they are reimbursed for activities. I have a spreadsheet with a record of
these recording name,date and activity. The members are paid in vouchers
with
an attached invoice with the dates and activities undertaken. My question
is:
is it better to use Word and Mailmerge or Excel. Any and variable numbers
of
members are involved and any number from one to about fifty activities.
Would
I need fifty fields to use Mailmerge or is there a way to generate
individual
invoices in Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks
Actually the figure for members is about eighty not eight. You have given me
something to work on. Will get back when I've played around a bit. I might
have to rethink my database layout