Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF Statments with VLOOKUP

I am having a huge problem here and I looked everywhere for an answer but
cant find anything that works. Anyways here is my problem.

In cell C17 I need to insert a IF statement that test whether the value in
call B17is equal to an empty text string. If so I need it to display an empty
text string; otherwise I need to use the VLOOKUP to look up the item that I
created in a table I named Item_ID which has to be an exact match.

So basically, if someone selects cell B17 they can click it and a list
appears to which they select a product. In C17 im trying to test what I said
above.

Thanks to anyone that can help me
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not real clear what you want...maybe this:

=IF(B17="","",VLOOKUP(B17,...........))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP