Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Piggyback??

My excel in 2003 version had two unwanted files piggybacked on each new excel
file I made. I thought that ths would be cured by installing 2007 but stil
they are there and on each new file I create. How do I get rid of them.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have macros enabled? It sound like you might have something encoded in
the VBA for your personal.xls

The personal.xls sheet is what Excel uses to store your personal settings.
If you have a macro written to it, any workbook you open will have these
settings applied. You can open the VBA editor by pressing Alt+F11 to check.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"ramunlim" wrote:

My excel in 2003 version had two unwanted files piggybacked on each new excel
file I made. I thought that ths would be cured by installing 2007 but stil
they are there and on each new file I create. How do I get rid of them.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Luke -

It appears that you are right (I can see them as VBA projects when I
AltF11) but for the life of me, I cannot find a way to delete these projects
- can you help?

Dick Myers