Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formatting If then for date?

I have a spreadsheet with data for each month in columns by month. I need
the current months data to show blue/bold and if it is not the current months
data to show black/non bold. Is there a way to do this? Would appreciate
any help, am trying to become more familiar with conditional formatting, but
haven't quite gotten the gyst of it.....would be a lot faster than having to
reformat each month. Thanks!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello

select all cells

on conditional format

change to the formula is

and use =month(a1)=month(today())

format as you need

--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"sueshe" escreveu:

I have a spreadsheet with data for each month in columns by month. I need
the current months data to show blue/bold and if it is not the current months
data to show black/non bold. Is there a way to do this? Would appreciate
any help, am trying to become more familiar with conditional formatting, but
haven't quite gotten the gyst of it.....would be a lot faster than having to
reformat each month. Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Note: for this to work, you have to have a date in your column header. If
you have text like "June", then it won't work. But if you use 6/1/2008 and
then format the cell using "MMMM" as a custom format, then it should do the
trick.

Also, I like to use a BLUE left and right border to highlight the current
month with conditional formatting. To each their own.

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hello

select all cells

on conditional format

change to the formula is

and use =month(a1)=month(today())

format as you need

--

"sueshe" escreveu:

I have a spreadsheet with data for each month in columns by month. I need
the current months data to show blue/bold and if it is not the current months
data to show black/non bold. Is there a way to do this? Would appreciate
any help, am trying to become more familiar with conditional formatting, but
haven't quite gotten the gyst of it.....would be a lot faster than having to
reformat each month. Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

that worked great. Ok, one more question....what would the formula be if I
wanted it to show bold/blue for the previous month's data? Say I'm in
January and am working on December's data?

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hello

select all cells

on conditional format

change to the formula is

and use =month(a1)=month(today())

format as you need

--

"sueshe" escreveu:

I have a spreadsheet with data for each month in columns by month. I need
the current months data to show blue/bold and if it is not the current months
data to show black/non bold. Is there a way to do this? Would appreciate
any help, am trying to become more familiar with conditional formatting, but
haven't quite gotten the gyst of it.....would be a lot faster than having to
reformat each month. Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

sueshe

If you're still looking for this I believe it would be:

=MONTH(A1)=IF(MONTH(A1)=1,12,MONTH(A1)-1)

Hope this helps

--
Brian

"sueshe" wrote:

that worked great. Ok, one more question....what would the formula be if I
wanted it to show bold/blue for the previous month's data? Say I'm in
January and am working on December's data?

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hello

select all cells

on conditional format