Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change protection of a shared workbook (Excel 2000)

Hi,

Is it possible to protect or unprotect sheets of a shared workbook without
stopping sharing?

I would like each of my employees to have a separate worksheet in a shared
workbook, but I have had problems with individuals modifying the contents of
another's sheet. My caveat is that the workbook is shared, so that everyone
can view each other's data - I don't want to stop sharing and kick users out
of the workbook when only a single sheet needs to be protected.

In Excel 2002/3 I usually work around this by setting users 'Permissions to
edit ranges.' Unfortunately some of my machines are still running 2000,
where that is not an option.

Any help would be appreciated.