Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protect

How to propect a worksheet from recalculation by F9?
--
thx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Without experimenting, I'm thinking that if you protect from recalculation by
F9, you're basically preventing sheet recalculation at all. Is that your
intent --- to "freeze" the values on the sheet forever?

If so, that can be accomplished by selecting all the cells on a sheet, then
use
Edit | Copy
and while the cells are still selected use
Edit | Paste Special [Values]
That will remove all links and formulas and replace them with their
displayed values, so the sheet definitely won't be affected by the use of
[F9].

"roman99" wrote:

How to propect a worksheet from recalculation by F9?
--
thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

what would prompt the sheet to re-calculate

"roman99" wrote:

How to propect a worksheet from recalculation by F9?
--
thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are only concerned about the F9 key then you could disable F9 :

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Application.OnKey "{F9}", ""
End Sub

Joerg

"roman99" wrote in message
How to propect a worksheet from recalculation by F9?
--
thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depending on the version of excel you're using, each worksheet can have its
calculation set via code.

workbooks("someworkbook.xls").worksheets("someshee t").EnableCalculation = false

xl2003 has this feature. I'm not sure if it was added in xl2k or xl2003,
though.

roman99 wrote:

How to propect a worksheet from recalculation by F9?
--
thx

--

Dave Peterson