Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula returning a blank cell if answer is zero

In Excel 2003, I have a worksheet that has formulae in a column. If the
result is zero, it displays a zero. I copied the column to another worksheet
and on that worksheet, if the result is zero, the cell is blank. Where is
the switch to have it show zero or show blank? I'm quite sure it exists...I
just don't know where.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rich wrote:

In Excel 2003, I have a worksheet that has formulae in a column. If
the result is zero, it displays a zero. I copied the column to
another worksheet and on that worksheet, if the result is zero, the
cell is blank. Where is the switch to have it show zero or show
blank? I'm quite sure it exists...I just don't know where.

Thanks,

=IF(ISBLANK(A1),"",0)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rich wrote:

In Excel 2003, I have a worksheet that has formulae in a column. If
the result is zero, it displays a zero. I copied the column to
another worksheet and on that worksheet, if the result is zero, the
cell is blank. Where is the switch to have it show zero or show
blank? I'm quite sure it exists...I just don't know where.

Thanks,

oops, re-read your subject line.

=IF(OR(ISBLANK(B3),B3=0),"",0)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chris,

Remember, both worksheets have the same formula...neither saying anything
about blanks, zeros, or anything...yet one shows 0, while the other shows
blank. Isn't there a toggle someplace to set this option?

Thanks,

"Chris Premo" wrote:

Rich wrote:

In Excel 2003, I have a worksheet that has formulae in a column. If
the result is zero, it displays a zero. I copied the column to
another worksheet and on that worksheet, if the result is zero, the
cell is blank. Where is the switch to have it show zero or show
blank? I'm quite sure it exists...I just don't know where.

Thanks,

oops, re-read your subject line.

=IF(OR(ISBLANK(B3),B3=0),"",0)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools|Options|view tab|uncheck Zero values.

Or maybe you have a numberformat that hides the zero by using the same font
color as fill color. Try changing the numberformat to General.

You could also use a custom number format to just hide the 0's. Changing the
numberformat to General will fix this, too.

Or maybe you have Format|conditional formatting set to hide the 0's???

"Chris Premo" wrote:

Rich wrote:

In Excel 2003, I have a worksheet that has formulae in a column. If
the result is zero, it displays a zero. I copied the column to
another worksheet and on that worksheet, if the result is zero, the
cell is blank. Where is the switch to have it show zero or show
blank? I'm quite sure it exists...I just don't know where.

Thanks,

oops, re-read your subject line.

=IF(OR(ISBLANK(B3),B3=0),"",0)

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--

Crtl-1 and set the cell type?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Dec 17, 12:47*am, Rich wrote:
In Excel 2003, I have a worksheet that has formulae in a column. *If the
result is zero, it displays a zero. *I copied the column to another worksheet
and on that worksheet, if the result is zero, the cell is blank. *Where is
the switch to have it show zero or show blank? *I'm quite sure it exists...I
just don't know where.

Thanks,

=IF(Formula=0,"",Formula)