Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default files in folders turning into icons

about once a week files that are in some of my excel folders turn into icons
and they also auto arrange any help in stopping this would be appreciated
--
richardg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

By "icons" if I understood right, you mean the thumbnail view of the files.
Go to the Windows Explorer, click any folders in which it is showing
thumbnail view. Click the Views button on top and select details.

Then you click the Tools Menu in Windows Explorer, go to folder options,
click the View tab - Apply to All Folders - OK. If you open any folder later
it will show the files as details view, never as thumbnail view or icons as
you call it.

Hope this will help you.

Jaleel