Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default line spacing in wrapped cell

How can I bring 2 lines of wrapped text in a single cell closer together? I
would like to reduce the line spacing between the 2 wrapped lines that are in
a single cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you mean, you still want the text to wrap, it's jus that the blank space
inbetween the rows needs to be smaller, try a different font.

"carterb3" wrote:

How can I bring 2 lines of wrapped text in a single cell closer together? I
would like to reduce the line spacing between the 2 wrapped lines that are in
a single cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Jonathan. Problem is, I need to print 2 or 3 lines of text within .25"
high space. I am using 8 point Arial (the smallest I have on my PC), and I
have wrap turned on for the cell. The space between the 1st line and the 2nd
line of the wrapped text seems huge and I would like to reduce it almost to
the point where the bottom of the 1st line letters touches the top of the 2nd
line letters, the same for the 2nd line and 3rd line. Is this possible?

"carterb3" wrote:

How can I bring 2 lines of wrapped text in a single cell closer together? I
would like to reduce the line spacing between the 2 wrapped lines that are in
a single cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use less than 8 pt Arial

Simply type the number into the Font Size where it says "Size"

You can go as low as 1.....................limits are 1 to 409

Very unreadable if two or three lines in a .25 inch row height.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP