Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formula / Logical Function

In our employee performance evaluation workbook, page 1 (the Leadership
Talent Assessment worksheet) contains a list of nine (9) performance
attributes.

Managers must rate an employees performance of each attribute as €œYes€,
€œNo€ or €œIn Part€ by placing an €œx€ in a box next to the appropriate rating
level.

If the manager types an €œx€ in the box next to €œNo€ or €œIn Part€, the name
of that performance attribute needs to display in one of four (4) fields on
page 3 (the Performance Plan worksheet). The Performance Plan has spaces for
four (4) attributes needing further development or improvement. If an €œx€ is
typed into the box next to €œYes€, nothing needs to happen.

Please help me create a formula that tells the first field on the
Performance Plan to pull the name of performance attribute #1 if an €œx€ is
typed into the box for €œNo€ or €œIn Part€, and if not, then go to performance
attribute #2, and pull the name of performance attribute #2 if an €œx€ is
typed into the box for €œNo€ or €œIn Part€, and if not, go to performance
attribute #3, etc. The formula needs to tell the first field to keep going
down the list of performance attributes looking for an €œx€ next to €œNo€ or
€œIn Part€.

For the second field on the Performance Plan, I need that field to look at
the first field and if there is data in the first field, the second field
needs to start the process all over again with performance attribute #2. I
will need to repeat this formula in fields 3 and 4 also.

Can you help me with this functionality, please? THANK YOU!