Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default "not enough resources available "

Why does excel crash, no warning, stating "not enough resourses avaiable to
display ...." the spreadsheets freeze, the menu bar blacks out or disappears,
I cannot save and exit. I run 4 gigs ram, total allapplications running much
less than that? Excel 2007 cannot handle on new 3ghz cpu machine what Excel
2002 could do on 1 gig 5 year old 1.3ghz cpu running exactly the same
applications Could it have something to do with the way paging is setup in
the windows XP operating system?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes on all counts - these are the same spreadsheets (converted) we have run
for years. I have brought some forward and re-created others. Nothing really
fancy, I do use color formating and fills etc. But these are 500 line 30
column spreads. I have no problem opening in 2003 and have run 50,000 line
26 column spreads in excel 2002 (with much more complicated formulas) with no
problem. Have run spreadsheets in 2 and 3 simutanous excel sessions and again
in 1 session, No difference, intermittently, three times a week, it all
freezes and crash. I bet all open application are not more using more than 2
gig of the 4 gig ram, In summary few small ram footprint still results in
"not enough resources etc".; I expected this new top of line Dell to allow
for exponential improvements in productivity, instead with 2007 Excel I am
dying. Dell has no solution, MS will not support OEM. Thanks for your
consideration

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Have you tested on both versions of excel. One file or many? etc.
By any chance are you trying to get info from a large external file?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"CGCPA" wrote in message
Why does excel crash, no warning, stating "not enough resourses avaiable
display ...." the spreadsheets freeze, the menu bar blacks out or
disappears,
I cannot save and exit. I run 4 gigs ram, total allapplications running
much
less than that? Excel 2007 cannot handle on new 3ghz cpu machine what
Excel
2002 could do on 1 gig 5 year old 1.3ghz cpu running exactly the same
applications Could it have something to do with the way paging is setup in
the windows XP operating system?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you resolve this?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"CGCPA" wrote in message
Why does excel crash, no warning, stating "not enough resourses
avaiable
display ...." the spreadsheets freeze, the menu bar blacks out or
disappears,
I cannot save and exit. I run 4 gigs ram, total allapplications running
much
less than that? Excel 2007 cannot handle on new 3ghz cpu machine what
Excel
2002 could do on 1 gig 5 year old 1.3ghz cpu running exactly the same
applications Could it have something to do with the way paging is setup
in
the windows XP operating system?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not that I am aware of Don, but thanks. The issue is intermittent, with no
seeming tie to when or what point of sys load triggers it. I'll keep the
vigil for an answer and solution .. best regards

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Did you resolve this?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"CGCPA" wrote in message
Why does excel crash, no warning, stating "not enough resourses
avaiable
display ...." the spreadsheets freeze, the menu bar blacks out or
disappears,
I cannot save and exit. I run 4 gigs ram, total allapplications running
much
less than that? Excel 2007 cannot handle on new 3ghz cpu machine what
Excel
2002 could do on 1 gig 5 year old 1.3ghz cpu running exactly the same
applications Could it have something to do with the way paging is setup
in
the windows XP operating system?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As you may recall, I brought up getting data from LARGE external files. I
had this problem with a client recently.
If I can help let me know
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"CGCPA" wrote in message
Not that I am aware of Don, but thanks. The issue is intermittent, with no
seeming tie to when or what point of sys load triggers it. I'll keep the
vigil for an answer and solution .. best regards

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Did you resolve this?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"CGCPA" wrote in message
Why does excel crash, no warning, stating "not enough resourses
avaiable
display ...." the spreadsheets freeze, the menu bar blacks out or
disappears,
I cannot save and exit. I run 4 gigs ram, total allapplications
running
much
less than that? Excel 2007 cannot handle on new 3ghz cpu machine
what
Excel
2002 could do on 1 gig 5 year old 1.3ghz cpu running exactly the
same
applications Could it have something to do with the way paging is
setup
in
the windows XP operating system?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This not enough resources to display... message is happening to everybody I
work with. We're all engineers, very good with Excel, and have tons of
spreadsheets, ranging in complexity from very simple tables (without
formulas) to ones with VBA/macro's embedded to parse external data and create
tons of charts. One may even have like 50+ tabs in it. The point, though, is
that it doesn't seem to matter. We would routinely have Lotus Notes, Word,
and lots of Excels files open with Office 2003, with zero issues like this.
I mean, zero, rock solid. Day 1 after we moved to Excel 2007, we started
seeing these errors. Everyone complains about it. We've installed SP1 with
zero change. I just had it happen again to me, lost data because I could not
read the Excel prompts, and so started looking for answers. I honestly
cannot believe that MS has not seen this or fixed it already. Lots and lots
of people reporting this same problem. Please give us a fix update. Thanks

"CGCPA" wrote in message
Not that I am aware of Don, but thanks. The issue is intermittent, with no
seeming tie to when or what point of sys load triggers it. I'll keep the
vigil for an answer and solution .. best regards

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Did you resolve this?

--
Don Guillett