kyoung

Default Excel xp running with Office 2000

I am currently using Office 2000 and am considering to buy Excel 2003. My
question is would installing the excel 2003 program in office 2000 create
"conflicts" or "compatibility problems"? Thanks.
Fredrik Wahlgren

"kyoung" wrote in message
I am currently using Office 2000 and am considering to buy Excel 2003. My
question is would installing the excel 2003 program in office 2000 create
"conflicts" or "compatibility problems"? Thanks.

No. I used to have both versions installed at the same time. If you buy an
upgrade, I think it will replace the old version. I'm not sure whether the
EULA allows you to reinstall O2K after you have made an upgrade. (I had
MSDN)

/Fredrik

Nick Hodge

It shouldn't, but you will generally find Excel is only a small amount of
money cheaper than Office complete.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"kyoung" wrote in message
I am currently using Office 2000 and am considering to buy Excel 2003. My
question is would installing the excel 2003 program in office 2000 create
"conflicts" or "compatibility problems"? Thanks.

kyoung

Thanks Fredrik

Does this mean that I will be running Word 2000, Powerpoint 2000, Outlook
2000 and Excel 2003? What do you mean when "I had MSDN"? Does it mean it
then allows you in reinstall office 2000?

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"kyoung" wrote in message
I am currently using Office 2000 and am considering to buy Excel 2003. My
question is would installing the excel 2003 program in office 2000 create
"conflicts" or "compatibility problems"? Thanks.

No. I used to have both versions installed at the same time. If you buy an
upgrade, I think it will replace the old version. I'm not sure whether the
EULA allows you to reinstall O2K after you have made an upgrade. (I had
MSDN)

/Fredrik

Fredrik Wahlgren

"kyoung" wrote in message
Thanks Fredrik

Does this mean that I will be running Word 2000, Powerpoint 2000, Outlook
2000 and Excel 2003? What do you mean when "I had MSDN"? Does it mean it
then allows you in reinstall office 2000?

Ypu should be able to run all these applications at the same time. We had a
MSDN subscription which meant that we had access to all versions of Office
for all languages among other things.

/ Fredrik