Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default time auto entry

I need to have the time and date auto populated in 2 different cells when a
value is enterd into a different cell. Here is the formula i have now

=IF(LEN(B2)=1,NOW(),"")

This formula works perfect but here is the problem I run into. Lets say cell
B2 equals "1", the date will populate in the cell the formula is entered
into. Lets says I enter "1" into cell B3 the next day, the cell with the
formula will populate the current date but the above cell's date will change
to the current date also. Is there a way to keep the date and times from
updating to the current time for all cells with this formula?