Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default #VALUE

On page 1 of a workbook in cell A1 I have the formula =A723. The dollar
amount that appears in A723 is displayed. On page 2 of the same workbook in
cell A1 I have the formula =Sheet1!A1. This gives me #VALUE! Instead of the
dollar amount that I need. Please help me.

I have a complicated reason why I can't use page 1 cell A723 on page 2.

Thanks in advance!

--
bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This should not happen...

Try this
go to A1 on Sheet2
Type
=
then click on sheet 1
click on A1 of sheet 1
press enter

What do you get?

IF you still have problems then
let us know the value in A723, what you see in A1 of sheet1, formula you see
in A1 of sheet2 and result in A1 of sheet2

"vdmbqb" wrote:

On page 1 of a workbook in cell A1 I have the formula =A723. The dollar
amount that appears in A723 is displayed. On page 2 of the same workbook in
cell A1 I have the formula =Sheet1!A1. This gives me #VALUE! Instead of the
dollar amount that I need. Please help me.

I have a complicated reason why I can't use page 1 cell A723 on page 2.

Thanks in advance!

--
bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your help-my daughter had me save, close and reopen and guess
what, she says I am an idiot.
--
bob

"Sheeloo" wrote:

This should not happen...

Try this
go to A1 on Sheet2
Type
=

"vdmbqb" wrote:

On page 1 of a workbook in cell A1 I have the formula =A723. The dollar
amount that appears in A723 is displayed. On page 2 of the same workbook in
cell A1 I have the formula =Sheet1!A1. This gives me #VALUE! Instead of the
dollar amount that I need. Please help me.

I have a complicated reason why I can't use page 1 cell A723 on page 2.

Thanks in advance!

--
bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

:-)
I also get the same treatment from my son

All I can say is ...
Young men think old men are FOOLS,
Old men know young men are fools

"vdmbqb" wrote:

Thank you for your help-my daughter had me save, close and reopen and guess
what, she says I am an idiot.
--
bob

"Sheeloo" wrote: