Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Very Simple formatting Question

I thought I understood most aspects of formatting numbers and text in Excel
until this came up...

I have a spread sheet with numbers. I select the numbers and then right
click to Format Cells and I select currency. The spread sheet seems to
ignore the currency formatting and does not put in the dollar signs. What is
worse than that is the column of numbers will not sort correctly. If I sort
it gives me an incorrect sort order like:
119.42
12.62
120.38
122.43