-   -   How to change numbered columns to letters? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/212684-how-change-numbered-columns-letters.html)

anwillia

How to change numbered columns to letters?

My Excel spread sheets used to have letters across the top adn numbers down
the left side. Now there are numbers both across the top and down the left
side. How can I get back to the lettered columns?

Gary''s Student

How to change numbered columns to letters?

Tools Options General clear the R1C1 reference checkbox.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200818

Pete_UK

How to change numbered columns to letters?

With XL2003 or earlier, click on Tools | Options | General tab,
unclick R1C1 reference style, then click OK.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 6, 12:17*am, anwillia
wrote:
My Excel spread sheets used to have letters across the top adn numbers down
the left side. *Now there are numbers both across the top and down the left
side. *How can I get back to the lettered columns?

anwillia

How to change numbered columns to letters?

Perfect -- thanks for such a quick and concise reply.