crix411

Default How do I type in on a file on excel

Is there a way to fill a form on excel without printing it out and filling it
out and sending it by mail. I would rather just type it in and e-mail it back
to the sender.
Gord Dibben

crix

Is the form already created or will you create one?

Has someone sent you an Excel file for you to fill out?

The answer to your question is "yes", but more detail is needed.

In the meantime have a look at Help on "email"

You can send a filled out workbook as a file or with Outlook you can send a
range of data as the "body" of the email.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 18:19:02 -0700, "crix411"
wrote:

Is there a way to fill a form on excel without printing it out and filling it
out and sending it by mail. I would rather just type it in and e-mail it back
to the sender.

crix411

Yes the file is an already created on I am just trying to fill in the blanks
and send it back to the sender,instead of using regular mail. I am trying to
type in on the file and it acts like it is going to work but it won't allow
me to type in the information. All that I want to do it fill this in a return
it to the sender it seems easy enough but I can't seem to do it. Thanks for
your help

wrote:

Is there a way to fill a form on excel without printing it out and filling it
out and sending it by mail. I would rather just type it in and e-mail it back
to the sender.

Gord Dibben

"Won't allow" means what?

Do you get an error message or an alert?

Can you select the cells in which you wish to enter the data?

Could be the sheet is protected or the cells have data validation enabled.

Check ToolsProtection. Is "Unprotect Sheet" or "Protect Sheet" available?

Select one of the cells and DataValidation. Anything there that would
prevent data entry?

Gord