-   -   How to stop cells with no data entered, from showing the formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/212464-how-stop-cells-no-data-entered-showing-formulas.html)

Dave

How to stop cells with no data entered, from showing the formulas

How do I stop cells with no data entered, from showing the formulas as it
looks untidy. Can I have the cells clear until I input the figures?
Many thanks,
Dave

Gary''s Student

How to stop cells with no data entered, from showing the formulas

Say we start with =A1+A2
We want the answer to look clear until BOTH A1 and A2 are entered. Use this
type of form:

=IF(OR(A1="",A2=""),"",A1+A2)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200817

"Dave" wrote:

How do I stop cells with no data entered, from showing the formulas as it
looks untidy. Can I have the cells clear until I input the figures?
Many thanks,
Dave

Dave

How to stop cells with no data entered, from showing the formu

Hi and thanks for replying.
I am new to this and would appreciate your help.
The 3 formula's I am using a
=D2/(C2*0.2199692483)
=C2/(D2*1.609344)*100
=I2/C2
I don't want to appear cheeky but, could you please let me know what they
need to be?
Thanks again,
Dave

Mike H

How to stop cells with no data entered, from showing the formu

Try these three

=IF(C2="","",D2/(C2*0.2199692483))
=IF(D2="","",C2/(D2*1.609344)*100)
=IF(C2="","",I2/C2)

Mike
"Dave" wrote:

Hi and thanks for replying.
I am new to this and would appreciate your help.
The 3 formula's I am using a
=D2/(C2*0.2199692483)
=C2/(D2*1.609344)*100
=I2/C2
I don't want to appear cheeky but, could you please let me know what they
need to be?
Thanks again,
Dave

Dave

How to stop cells with no data entered, from showing the formu

Hi Mike H,
Many many thanks, works perfectly.
Regards,
Dave