Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to stop cells with no data entered, from showing the formulas

How do I stop cells with no data entered, from showing the formulas as it
looks untidy. Can I have the cells clear until I input the figures?
Many thanks,
Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say we start with =A1+A2
We want the answer to look clear until BOTH A1 and A2 are entered. Use this
type of form:

=IF(OR(A1="",A2=""),"",A1+A2)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200817

"Dave" wrote:

How do I stop cells with no data entered, from showing the formulas as it
looks untidy. Can I have the cells clear until I input the figures?
Many thanks,
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to stop cells with no data entered, from showing the formu

Hi and thanks for replying.
I am new to this and would appreciate your help.
The 3 formula's I am using a
=D2/(C2*0.2199692483)
=C2/(D2*1.609344)*100
=I2/C2
I don't want to appear cheeky but, could you please let me know what they
need to be?
Thanks again,
Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try these three

=IF(C2="","",D2/(C2*0.2199692483))
=IF(D2="","",C2/(D2*1.609344)*100)
=IF(C2="","",I2/C2)

Mike
"Dave" wrote:

Hi and thanks for replying.
I am new to this and would appreciate your help.
The 3 formula's I am using a
=D2/(C2*0.2199692483)
=C2/(D2*1.609344)*100
=I2/C2
I don't want to appear cheeky but, could you please let me know what they
need to be?
Thanks again,
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc