Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Software for Converting Excel data into Powerpoints

Hi Everyone,

I am a management consultant and in need of a software which can take data
from Excel and put that automatically into Powerpoint to generate charts. I
already have predesigned excel tool from which the data needs to be picked
up. Also, the format of the presentation is standard and i would only need
the tool to update the existing powerpoint charts with the data fromt the
excel sheet. I was previously using Preslink (DealMaven) for this purpose but
our contract has run out and I am looking for some new products.
Thank you for your help.

Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JCS JCS is offline

Instead of buying software to do this, why not create the chart in Excel and
then do the following in Powerpoint:

Edit
Paste Special
Select the "Paste link" radio button.

This will insert the Excel chart into the Powerpoint slide and link it to
the data in the Excel worksheet. When you update the data in the worksheet,
upon opening the Powerpoint presentation you wil lbe asked to update any
links. Or, you can select Edit === Links === Update Now at anytime in the
Powerpoint presentation to update your links. It's an inexpsensive to to do
what you are trying to accomplish. I hope that I have captured your
requirements.

John