Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NM NM is offline

Default Add multiple columns in between

Hi,

I have coulmns A through CJ and I want to add 27 coulmns before column O.
What is the easiest way to do it?

Thanks for your help.
Nee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this idea
Sub insertcols()
mc = "o" 'tested with "d"
cti = 27 ' tested with 2
Columns(mc).Offset(, -cti).Resize(, cti).Insert

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"NM" wrote in message

I have coulmns A through CJ and I want to add 27 coulmns before column O.
What is the easiest way to do it?

Thanks for your help.
Nee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select Column O
Shift and select Column AO
Insert/ Columns
--
David Biddulph

"NM" wrote in message

I have coulmns A through CJ and I want to add 27 coulmns before column O.
What is the easiest way to do it?

Thanks for your help.
Nee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NM NM is offline

Thanks David,it worked.

But I want to how do we know that from column O to AO it is 27 columns? Do
we count all the way from O to AO to see if that equals 27 or is there a
easier way to know that?

Thanks!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Select Column O
Shift and select Column AO
Insert/ Columns
--
David Biddulph

"NM" wrote in message

I have coulmns A through CJ and I want to add 27 coulmns before column O.
What is the easiest way to do it?

Thanks for your help.
Nee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps you really meant column Ao since (I should have tested with col o)
col O is column 15 and you can't subtract 27 from 15 to get -column 12

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"NM" wrote in message

I have coulmns A through CJ and I want to add 27 coulmns before column
O.
What is the easiest way to do it?

Thanks for your help.
Nee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are 26 letters in the alphabet. 26 would get you to AP, so add one.

NM wrote:

Thanks David,it worked.

But I want to how do we know that from column O to AO it is 27 columns? Do
we count all the way from O to AO to see if that equals 27 or is there a
easier way to know that?

Thanks!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Select Column O
Shift and select Column AO
Insert/ Columns
--
David Biddulph

"NM" wrote in message

I have coulmns A through CJ and I want to add 27 coulmns before column O.
What is the easiest way to do it?

Thanks for your help.
Nee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

1. Type O:AO into the Name Box and press Enter
2. Press Ctrl++ (Control Plus)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"NM" wrote:

Hi,

I have coulmns A through CJ and I want to add 27 coulmns before column O.
What is the easiest way to do it?

Thanks for your help.
Nee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NM NM is offline

This means it has to be done manually, excel doesn't tell you the column name
equivalent to the number.

NM wrote:

Thanks David,it worked.

But I want to how do we know that from column O to AO it is 27 columns? Do
we count all the way from O to AO to see if that equals 27 or is there a
easier way to know that?

Thanks!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Select Column O
Shift and select Column AO
Insert/ Columns
--
David Biddulph

"NM" wrote in message

I have coulmns A through CJ and I want to add 27 coulmns before column O.
What is the easiest way to do it?

Thanks for your help.
Nee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It would if you used R1C1 reference style instead of letters.

NM wrote:

Thanks David,it worked.

But I want to how do we know that from column O to AO it is 27 columns? Do
we count all the way from O to AO to see if that equals 27 or is there a
easier way to know that?

Thanks!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Select Column O
Shift and select Column AO
Insert/ Columns
--
David Biddulph

"NM" wrote in message

I have coulmns A through CJ and I want to add 27 coulmns before column O.
What is the easiest way to do it?

Thanks for your help.
Nee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc