Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Trend Limes

Hi,

Is is possible to add a trend line to a pivot table chart, I have tried
upgrading to Excel 2007 and I still can't get it to work, I have tried to
take the info from the table and use an average formula but when the number
of data entries changes it means that I have to change the formula as I dont
want the total figure in there.

I am hoping it is possible to get this aveage line in somehow

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Are you trying to add a Trendline or an Average line?

- Trend lines are added in pivot charts in 2007 as follows
1. Select the series
2. Choose PivotChart Tools, Layout, Trendline, and pick the appropriate one
for your situation or choose More Trendline Options at the bottom of the menu

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Stuster" wrote:

Hi,

Is is possible to add a trend line to a pivot table chart, I have tried
upgrading to Excel 2007 and I still can't get it to work, I have tried to
take the info from the table and use an average formula but when the number
of data entries changes it means that I have to change the formula as I dont
want the total figure in there.

I am hoping it is possible to get this aveage line in somehow

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

That didn't work, i got up to the trendline button but it was greyed over
and wouldnt let me click on it, I have the same problem with macros in 2007
Excel, maybe the two are related?