Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with formula

Hello,

I have a worksheet with two columns (B, C) of information that will drive
data in a 3rd column (D) via either copying the value from column B or, if B
is empty, evaluating data in column C and then printing "Internal" or
performing a lookup based on the information in C.

C contains usernames. If the username in C is internal, there is no domain
following the username. If the username is external, the username is
followed by ".

If B is blank, I want to next check C for an @ symbol. If there is no @
symbol, I want D to equal "Internal".

If B is blank and C contains an @ symbol, I want to perform a lookup to
match the domain with another text value to place in D.

I have the second part working, where the forumula checks B and if blank
then looks up and prints a text value to D based on the information following
the @ symbol.

I cannot get the first part working, however, where the formula first checks
for the @ symbol and if not found, prints "Internal" to D. Here is the
formula I tried:

=IF(MID(B2,1,3)="TID",B2,IF(FIND("@",C2),VLOOKUP(C 2,E:F,2,FALSE),"Internal"))

Cells in C with no @ symbol return #VALUE!. Cells where B has a proper ID