Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Comments boxes resizing

This may sound like a stupid problem and could be operator error, but when I
insert and/or move cells, the comments boxes resize themselves. For example,
when I cut a row and insert it elsewhere, the comment stays associated with
the cell, but when I roll over the cell, the comment box is still located in
the general vicinity of where it was AND most of the time has shrunk so small
that it is one letter wide or has almost completely disappeared-- they only
way I even know where it is the now really long lead arrow. Is there a way
to keep this from happening (and therefore making me go through and resize
them all everytime I insert a new row)? I keep working on this spreadsheet
and moving stuff around (trying to get it just right for the big boss whose
instructions often change and were ambiguous to begin with!). Even once it's
nailed down, I will continue to add more rows as we add information.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Comments seem to have a mind of their own.

The closest thing I know to control them is to just use a macro that resets them
back to where they belong.

Debra Dalgleish has some code to reset/resize them he
http://contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset
http://contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Resize

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Awesome! I've never done macros before, but they seem to work-- I do remember
from a class I took a couple of weeks ago that you can set a macro to run
when you hit a shortcut key, so I'm now in the process of trying to remember
how to get that to work :)

Thanks so much!!

HeatherBelle wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc