Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SUMIF & OR

Dear all,

I wish to use a SUMIF(range, criteria, sum range) forumula utlising OR for
the criteria, e.g.

=SUMIF(A1:J1,OR(A10:A20),B2:J2)

It would appear however that this does not work. Can you please point out
the error of my ways, thank-you.

Yours in appreciation (as always),

Neil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you tell us in words what you want?
Is it: to sum B values when corresponding A value matches anything in
A10:A20?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Neil Pearce" wrote in message
Dear all,

I wish to use a SUMIF(range, criteria, sum range) forumula utlising OR for
the criteria, e.g.

=SUMIF(A1:J1,OR(A10:A20),B2:J2)

It would appear however that this does not work. Can you please point out
the error of my ways, thank-you.

Yours in appreciation (as always),

Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oops, one more parenthesis in the end:

On 2 Äåê, 14:38, Neil Pearce wrote:

Dear all,

I wish to use a SUMIF(range, criteria, sum range) forumula utlising OR for
the criteria, e.g.

=SUMIF(A1:J1,OR(A10:A20),B2:J2)

It would appear however that this does not work. *Can you please point out
the error of my ways, thank-you.

Yours in appreciation (as always),

Neil- Απόκρυψη κειμ*νου σε παράθεση -

- Εμφάνιση κειμ*νου σε παράθεση -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was too quick to hit Send:
1) this is an array formula and needs CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
2) the vector A10:20 has 11 elements while A1:J1 and A2:J2 have only 10 each
so use =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:J1=TRANSPOSE(A10:A19)),A2:J2)
best wishes