Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I "un-encrypt" an encrypted excel workbook?

I encrypted an excel workbook. I now want to make it available to other
users without needing a password. I deleted the password with the "Prepare
- Encrypt Document" function but everytime I open the workbook it still
prompts for the password. I can open the workbook without a password by
choosing "cancel" on the password box or closing the password box. However,
I don't want it to always prompt for the password. I've tried resaving the
workbook under another name or by copying each of the worksheets to another
workbook but each time the new workbook prompts for a password when opened.
Any thoughts???