Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If-Then statement with multiple conditions

I need help with the following statement:
=+IF(and(G8<H8<I8,"Bidder 1"),IF(and(H8<G8<I8,"Bidder 2"),"Bidder 3"))

I am wanting the cell to produce the name of the lowest bidder
G8=Bidder 1 value ($300)
H8=Bidder 2 value ($600)
I8= Bidder 3 value ($100)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look in the help index for MIN
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Merlin" wrote in message
I need help with the following statement:
=+IF(and(G8<H8<I8,"Bidder 1"),IF(and(H8<G8<I8,"Bidder 2"),"Bidder 3"))

I am wanting the cell to produce the name of the lowest bidder
G8=Bidder 1 value ($300)
H8=Bidder 2 value ($600)
I8= Bidder 3 value ($100)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm thinking this is what you want:

=IF(AND(G8<H8, H8<I8), "Bidder 1", IF(AND(H8<G8, G8<I8), "Bidder 2", "Bidder
3"))

Looks like you just had your parentheses mixed up, plus I don't think Excel
will let you use the x<y<z notation like you want (it'll evaluate x<y first,
and return either true (=1) or false (=0), and then compare the numeric form
of either true or false with z).