Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hourly labor formula

I have a schedule that exists prior to starting with this company. I would
like to incorporate a formula into this schedule so that managers will know
when to send people home based on sales. I would appreciate any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Step 1. Tell us what you want. If you tell us how you would do it manually,
we can tell you how to do it in Excel. If you already have something in
Excel, tell us that (like the formula used).

Regards,
Fred

"Merc" wrote in message
I have a schedule that exists prior to starting with this company. I would
like to incorporate a formula into this schedule so that managers will
know
when to send people home based on sales. I would appreciate any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Need more info. For example are you sending them home because they've meet
their quota or because of poor performance. What are the values that trigger
this behavior, are there any other considerations, like they were out sick,
not being counted? Are you basing this on 1 day's performance, a week, a
month, a quarter, a year? Does it matter what department they are in. Is
this based on sales dollars, or sales volume? Are all sales equal - I sell 1
Lear Jet, but John sells 50,000 roles of toilet paper.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Merc" wrote:

I have a schedule that exists prior to starting with this company. I would
like to incorporate a formula into this schedule so that managers will know
when to send people home based on sales. I would appreciate any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your sales are not high enough then people must go home so that you will
not eat into your profit. You would take the hourly wage of each person and
multiply it the number of people working then divide it by your hourly sales.
That percentage is what determines if you are high or low for labor. I have a
schedule with formulas in it already. I would like to just add this to it so
that all of the information is in one file. Thanks.

"Merc" wrote:

I have a schedule that exists prior to starting with this company. I would
like to incorporate a formula into this schedule so that managers will know
when to send people home based on sales. I would appreciate any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The problem is that there are formulas in this schedule and the info I need
is also in the schedule. I want to add an area where the labor can be
displayed for the current day. I don't want to mess up the schedule and I am
just starting to get into excel.

"Merc" wrote:

I have a schedule that exists prior to starting with this company. I
would
like to incorporate a formula into this schedule so that managers will
know
when to send people home based on sales. I would appreciate any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You still haven't given us anything to go on. What formulas? What schedule?
What do you you want to achieve?

Excel we can help you with, but we're not mindreaders.

Regards,
Fred.