Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Working on multiple spreadsheets at the same time

Hi,

I have created an excel template (without any formulas) and copied it across
multiple spreadsheets. After filling in some numbers on each of the
spreadsheet, now I have to add some formulas. I have tried selecting all the
spreadsheets and work just in one. Supposedly, the formulas I've added on one
spreadsheet should be automatically replicated on the other. However, rather
than having, for example "+M28*12/10, the other spreadsheets read something
like "+FC(-1)*12/10".
Does anybody know what's happening? Why aren't the formulas being copied
correctly? All text and numbers I add are replicated but the formulas aren't!
Any help much appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

A side question - what language is your spreadsheet in?

A side point 12/10 = 1.2 so =M21*1.2 is better because 1. it calculates
faster, 2. it avoids some calculation errors due to binary representation.

Another side point +M21*12/10 should be entered as =M21*12/10 forget the +
sign at the beginning that is a Lotus 1-2-3 remnent.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Adrian" wrote:

Hi,

I have created an excel template (without any formulas) and copied it across
multiple spreadsheets. After filling in some numbers on each of the
spreadsheet, now I have to add some formulas. I have tried selecting all the
spreadsheets and work just in one. Supposedly, the formulas I've added on one
spreadsheet should be automatically replicated on the other. However, rather
than having, for example "+M28*12/10, the other spreadsheets read something
like "+FC(-1)*12/10".
Does anybody know what's happening? Why aren't the formulas being copied
correctly? All text and numbers I add are replicated but the formulas aren't!
Any help much appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Shane!!

You hit the jackpot!! It was the "+" sign that was causing the error!! Need
to use the "="

THanks a ton!!!