Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Removing parts of Data in a Cell / [], #

I have date that is copied from another program (similar to notebook) and
pasted into excel. I perform text to colums and end up with ALMOST whta I
need. The problem is that two colums are not exactly right.

One colum shows four digit numbers with brackets [1234]. I need to keep the
number, but remove the brackets.
The second column has a string of numbers with #in front #12345678. I need
to keep the number string, but remove the # symbol.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use "Edit", "Replace" (and leave Replace with blank)
--
If my posting was helpful, please click the "Yes" button.

ROCK ON!,

Scott