Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HOW CAN I ADD UP ALL VALUES WITH THE SAME REFERENCE..

I dont know how to explain this or what words i am supposed to use but
basically i have a list of thousands of supplier codes and their invoice
values. For example

60ACE3562 -2,467.50
60ACE3562 -197.75
60ACO0202 -626.28
60ACO0202 -626.28
60ACO0202 -405.38
60ACO0285 -9,170.88
60ACO0285 -9,170.88
60ACO0285 -2,326.50
60ACO0285 -834.25
60ACO0285 -346.63
60ACO0285 9,170.88
60ACT1350 -8,214.43
60ACTIONFI -3,330.40
60ACTIONFI -3,258.38
60ACTIONFI -3,213.33
60ACTIONFI -3,132.48

And i need to get a list for say 60ACTIONFI the total amount of all values.
So a sum of 3330.40 + 3258.38 + 3213.33 + 3132.48.

I need this so i can filter by supplier code to see who we have spent the
most with. At the minute i am having to filter the list by supplier name and
then take the sum and write it down manually - i no there must be a quicker
way!! Possibly an IF statement or SUMIF but i am not too clever with these...
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out the SUMIF function:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumIf

--
If my posting was helpful, please click the "Yes" button.

ROCK ON!,

Scott

"Rachie1987" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

suppose you have col A supplier code and col B amount.
Use this formula =Subtotal(9,B1:B100). Then filter the supplier code.