Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merging/Combining workbook data

I have two workbooks, one worksheet in each.
Workbook one contains customer data A1:K362 Column C is blank and is where
I need to enter the cutomers fgt acct numbers which are in workbook two.
ColA ColB ColC ColD ColE
Cust# FgtCarrier FgtAcct# CustName CustAdd

Workbook two contains two columns A1:B570
ColA ColB
Cust# FgtAcct#

ColA from both worksheets contain the customer numbers, although not all
customers are listed on the worksheet in workbook one. I need to fill in ColB
with the fgt account numbers. Rather than manually going through both lists
to match up customer acct. and then enter the corresponding fgt. number I am
hoping there is another way. If the cust numbers in ColA match on both
worksheets than enter the fgt acct number for the corresponding cust. acct
(located in ColB on workbook2) in ColC on workbook 1.

Thank you

Lee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gimi,

you can use the formula "Vlookup" in colume c and then convert whole raw c
into values. otherwise if you send this file to someone else, it'll not work,
if the link of workbook a is not accesseble to that person.

"Gemi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On columm C workbook 1:
=vlookup(a2,[book2]Sheet1!$A$2:$b:570,2,0)

replace [book2]sheet1! for the real names you are using;

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Gemi" escreveu:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Marcelo,

I did the vlookup as suggested but got an invalid return.
I copied the two columns from workbook two and pasted them on sheet two in
workbook one. labeled fgt. Did vlookup in ColC sheet 1
=VLOOKUP(A2,fgt!A2:B570,2,0) recieved #N/A
=VLOOKUP(A2,fgt!$A$2:$B570,2,0) received #N/A
Any other suggestions?

Thanks again for your help
Lee

"Gemi" escreveu:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Marcelo,

I got it, =VLOOKUP(A2,fgt!A2:B570,2,0)
Thank you so much for your help! This saved me hours of cross refrencing.

Lee