Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default multiple user in excel to edit a userform

Hi all,

I have created a userform in excel and I want it to be shared to multiple
user in that it is being edited by multiple user at the same time. Is this
possible?

THANKS!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rachel,

Editing data tied to components in the userform is possible, e.g., a text
box which will send and receive data to a textfile/database via ADO/File I/O.
Moving components around in a userform "might" be possible with the VB
Extensibility library, but I can't see it working in "real time"
--
http://www.ExcelHelp.us

888-MY-ETHER ext. 01781474

"Rachel" wrote:

Hi all,

I have created a userform in excel and I want it to be shared to multiple
user in that it is being edited by multiple user at the same time. Is this
possible?

THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not really. You can take a look at shared workbooks but read up on them
carefully before you head down that road. Sharing is a form of protection and
it locks out a lot of functionallity in XL. I personally never share
workbooks. It causes a lot more problems than it solves.

When I need concurrent access I tend to use a database to store the data.
You can still use XL as the front end but all of the data is stored in the
database. Doing this I can make the spreadsheet read only as there is nothing
actually being saved in the spreadsheet. Databases have no difficulty
handling concurrency and the XL users have real time access to the data being
input. That being said it can be a whole pile of work, especially if you do
not understand ADO...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson