Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change name in single cell from last, first to first last

In Excel 2003 how do I change a name in single cell that is last, first to a
first last name still in the same cell ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't do it directly unless you use a macro. The easiest was is to flip
the names around with a formula and then
copy / paste special - values
the correct names over top of the original...

The formula could be something like this...

=MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,256)& " " & LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Dreamy" wrote:

In Excel 2003 how do I change a name in single cell that is last, first to a
first last name still in the same cell ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can't really do what your asking without VBA. What you can do with a
formula is:

You can enter this in another cell and then copy and paste it over the old
text as values. In this example D1 contains the Last, First name

=MID(D1&" "&D1,FIND(",",D1)+2,LEN(D1)-1)

Copy this, select cell D1 and choose Edit, Paste Special, Values.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire