Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default InputBox Help

I'm new to Excel at this level and would like to know how can I create the
following information in VBA? I would like to have an input box open up on a
worksheet when the workbook is open asking the following question: Enter your
ID. From that information another worksheet would open and capture all the
information from the primary worksheet with the information from the ID
enter.
The ID will have information on the primary worksheet in it's own row that
would
be copy to the 2nd worksheet. Has anyone done anything close to this
before? Help?

--
Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Here is a start:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
myInfo = InputBox("Enter your ID")
If myInfo < "" Then
'your code

This code is entered in the thisWorkbook object in the VBE.

For the mycode part, try recording all the steps you want the macro to do.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire