Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Please help. This is way too tough for me.

I have a HUGE spreadsheet, 212 tabs at the bottom.
I need to do a lookup to bring that data, from multiple cells, into a master
sheet.

My information is as follows:

1st tab:
Jan 1990

2nd tab:
Feb 1990

3rd tab:
Mar 1990

4th tab:
Apr 1990

Through current Month and Year.

Each sheet is as follows:
cell A1 cell B1 cell C1 cell D1 cell E1 cell
F1 cell G1 cell H1
3092323 hammer green 2 $14.34 pr
87 Jan

cell A1 cell B1 cell C1 cell D1 cell E1 cell
F1 cell G1 cell H1
4456782 tape yellow 47 $3.71 ea
14 Jan

and so on, to fill 65,536 lines down by 31 lines across.(lots of information)

I want to bring the information, 8 of the 31 lines/cells across, from each
of the 212 tabs/sheets in this workbook and have them auto update the master
sheet information that is already put into a master sheet, as a count to the
appropriate cells, as follows:

cell A1 cell B1 cell C1 cell D1 cell E1 cell
F1 cell G1 cell H1
4456782 tape yellow 47 $3.71 ea
14 Jan

cell A2 cell B2 cell C2 cell D2 cell E2 cell
F2 cell G2 cell H2
4456782 tape yellow 47 $3.71 ea
23 Feb

cell A3 cell B3 cell C3 cell D3 cell E3 cell
F3 cell G3 cell H3
4456782 tape yellow 47 $3.71 ea
47 Mar

and so on - basically I want to count, from each month tab and each year
tab, how many of each part went in each month and year, so I can build a
trend for inventory.
This is huge and I have no idea how to do it, so I do realize that this is
beyond what I know. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Create a new worksheet and move it ahead of the "Jan 1990" tab. I assume
you want to sum up cell H1 on all worksheets and that the last tab in your
workbook is "Dec 2008" then enter this formula on your new worksheet =sum(Jan
1990:Dec 2008!H1). Hope this helps

"Champ" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Gary, that does, but not all of the same data exists in cell A1; for
example:
the first tab/sheet cell A1 might be a hammer, the next sheet cell A1 might
be a screw driver, the next sheet cell A1 might be a strap. Is there a way,
if I have a sheet with all of the nomenclatures in one cell and their part
numbers in another cell-for each of these nominclatures -and an area for the
month, year and quantity - all of which have no data, for the lookup to see
those entities throughout the workbook and bring them to the master count
sheet? Thank you for the previous information.